About Pretrial Services
Pretrial Services are designed to maximize the release of qualified defendants from custody on non-financial conditions. This is accomplished by identifying those defendants most likely to appear in court on their scheduled court date, supervising these individuals while out on Pretrial, and providing accurate information to be used in the determination of bond setting.
The objectives of the Davidson County Sheriffs Office Pretrial Services Program are as follows:
- To reduce jail overcrowding
- To reduce the inequities in the pretrial release system
- To minimize the failure to appear rate in court by close supervision of clients released in the custody of pretrial
- To insure a fair and equitable manner for all eligible persons to be released from jail
- To consider public safety issues in the releasing of defendants on pretrial
Objectives, which are indirectly accomplished through releasing of offenders to the Pretrial program:
- To inspire confidence in the legal system
- To reduce the loss of spending power in the community, and to help minimize the accompanying loss of tax revenue to the county
- To reduce the number of family disruptions caused by the incarceration of a parent, spouse, or child
- To allow deserving offenders with roots and ties to the community, to obtain release from jail pending trial.
The Pretrial Services Program operates seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day. A pretrial staff member is assigned to work with the Night Court Commissioner on every shift. The staff member provides background checks of offender’s arrest history, case status of previous offenses, and searches for outstanding warrants. This information is then used by the commissioner to determine the suitability of release on the Pretrial Program.
Pretrial Screening Office
The Pretrial Screening Office is located in the Booking room of the Downtown Detention Center. The office is open and staffed twenty-four hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The phone number for the screening office is 615-862-7673.
Phone number for the Downtown Detention Center’s inmate information is 615-862-8123.
Pretrial Case Management Office
The Pretrial Case Management Office is located in Suite 102 of the Ben West Building. Our Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The phone number for the Case Management Office Is 615-862-8520.
The Fax number for the office Is 862-880-2693.
To contact your Case Manager, call the main number and enter one of the following extensions:
- Last Name starts with A-E, call 615-862-8520 and enter Ext. # 1
- Last Name starts with F-J,call 615-862-8520 and enter Ext. # 4
- Last Name starts with K-Q, call 615-862-8520 and enter Ext. # 5
- Mental Health and bound over criminal cases, call 615-862-8520 and enter Ext. #3
- Pretrial Diversion Program, call 615-862-8520 and enter Ext #7
If you have been placed on the Pretrial Diversion Program, you may contact your case manager by calling 615-862-8520 and enter ext #6 If you’re on Pretrial out of Criminal Court, your extension number is 3
If you need to contact the Public Defenders Office, they are located in Parkway Towers, 404 James Robertson Parkway, suite 2022.
Office phone number 615-862-5730.
Pretrial Diversion is an alternative to sentencing wherein defendants are under supervision from six months up to a two year period.
Main number: 615-862-8520
Diana Brady, Pretrial Program Director – Ext. 7
Scott Roberts, Program Supervisor – Ext. 2
Johnny Metilor, General Sessions Case Manager – Ext. 1
Keith Payne, Criminal Court Case Manager – Ext. 3
Serethia Sessions, General Sessions Case Manager – Ext. 4
Johnny Tunstall, General Sessions Case Manager – Ext. 5
Raymond South, General Sessions Case Manager – Ext. 6
Ben West Building Suite 102
100 James Robertson Parkway
PO Box 196300
Nashville, TN 37219-6300