Congratulations! You are on your way to becoming a Correctional Officer at the Nashville / Davidson County Sheriff’s Office. In the event you are offered employment with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, you will be required to complete the following steps:
- Have a physical examination at Lentz Public Health Center (you will be notified when to report).
- Complete a New Patient Medical History Statement (required form), which is to be turned in at your physical examination.
- Complete a Personal History Statement (required form) which is to be returned prior to training.
- Undergo a drug test (you will be notified when and where to report for your drug test).
- Be fitted for uniforms at Greene Military (authorization required by our office).
Bring all necessary information for medical benefits enrollment relating to dependents to your Pre-Hire Orientation, as well as your Social Security Card and another form of ID (i.e. Driver’s license). You will also need to bring a voided check or official documentation from your bank, which has your name, account #, and routing #. You will be notified of the Pre-Hire Orientation date by email from Human Resources.
Below are the necessary forms, in PDF format:
A copy of the Metro Nashville Employee Benefit Handbook can be found here:
It contains information regarding all types of Metro benefits, including medical, disability, pension, and others